Information for Toledo families interested in hosting foreign students of Spanish
The growing internationalization of our University and the programme of Spanish in Toledo move us to focus our attention on the university students and foreigners that come to study with us.
In this sense, some years ago, in order to provide the Spanish courses with logistical support it was successfully introduced the programme “Toledo Acoge”, in which Toledo families offer their homes for hosting foreign students, encouraging intercultural relationships and receiving an economic compensation for supplying the accommodation expenses.
Currently, we have started to perceive a growing demand for the Campus of Toledo, so we would like to enlarge the database of families who might be interested in hosting university foreign students.
If interested in participating in this program and hosting a student, please fill out the following form (Word format) and email it to Leticia.Deulofe@uclm.es. Then, a member of our team will visit your house and ask you a few questions (if desired you can fill out the form during the visit).
If you have any questions, please call us: 925 26 57 28, contact the programme coordinator (Leticia Deulofeu Trincado: Leticia.Deulofeu@uclm.es) or attend our office at the Colegio Mayor Gregorio Marañón on Plaza of Padilla (next to the Faculty of Humanities).
Host families normative
- The host family shall provide the student with weekly breakfast, lunch and dinner and also take-away meals for outdoor excursions (sandwiches, drinks…)
- We recommend the person in charge of preparing the meals to cook bearing in mind the students’ needs whether they are vegetarian, allergic…
- The students shall have their meals in company of the family at least twice a day.
- Spanish must be compulsory talked to the student.
- If families live far from the Walled City and there are no available urban buses, they must transport the student to the lessons and programmed activities.
- The hosting family must pick up the student on the day he/she joins the family and take him/her to the meeting point on the departure day.
- If the student does not arrive with the group, we pleased ask the family to meet him/her at the bus or train station or in a previously agreed site in Toledo.
- Please, wash the students’ clothes once a week.
- Please, provide the student with a set of keys of the family home.
If the student does not arrive with the group, we pleased ask the family to meet him/her at the bus or train station or in a previously agreed site in Toledo.
In some concrete courses, we are also asked for:
- Some students having breakfast with the family on Saturdays and Sundays, so the family just has to provide the student with the breakfast these days. Therefore, in that case, the payment to the family will be less such days. If the student misses a meal from Monday to Friday, it will not be recoverable on weekends.
- Sometimes certain meals (normally Friday dinner, Saturday lunch and dinner and Sunday lunch) are optional for the student and if taken with the family, he must sign a check sheet.
- The family must live within 30 minutes from the old town.
- During the stay of the student another foreign student cannot be hosted in the family home.
Any possible problem, please contact the organization “Spanish in Toledo” in order to solve it as quick as possible. (Phone – 925 26 57 28)
The courses are of varying duration (from two to sixteen weeks), throughout the whole year but August (though most of them are carried between May and July). The vast part of our students is from the United States, boys and girls around 20 years old with an intermediate Spanish level. Nonetheless, we have had and will have students from different nationalities, cultures and Spanish level.
According to the Spanish Ley Orgánica 15/1999, dated on the 13th December, about Personal data Protection, the UCLM FUNDACIÓN GENERAL informs the user about the existence of an automatic personal data file with the purpose of maintaining and managing the relationship with the user, as well as the tasks of information, training and spread of their activities and services.
Likewise, we inform that you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and objection of their data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the General Foundation of the University of Castilla-La Mancha, street Altagracia 50th, 13071 Ciudad Real, attaching a copy of document proving their identity.